Skate Sharpening Options
All prices include tax
Soles Skate Sparpening offers a rewards program. For every 10 pre-paid skate sharpening services you receive one at no charge. Ask for your rewards card at your next visit!
The Right Edge For You
- Maintain your edge with Soles. Walk-in or drop-off service available.
- If you begin to feel yourself sliding uncomfortably on the ice, it may be time for a professional sharpening. Nicks, abrasions and dullness can impact your speed and control on the ice so let us help you gain a competitive edge.
- The Radius of Hollow is how deep the groove is cut into your steel blade. The deeper the cut, the more grip the blade will have. The shallower the cut, the more glide the blade will have.
- 1/2" is generally recommended for the youth/junior player and 9/16" for the adult player. As the player's skill develops and/or weight increases you can increase the radius to 9/16' or 5/8" to improve the glide.
- Choosing the correct skate sharpening will help elevate your performance on the ice. The way the blade is sharpened will help the skate either grip or glide better. The correct sharpening is a matter of personal preference depending on your skating skills and style.
- Let Soles Skate Sharpening give you the proper edge so your skills have a proper foundation.
Did You Know?
Skate Sharpening related Videos
How do I know when skates should be sharpened?
Chiller Hockey Director Rob Schriner discusses proper ice and hockey skate care and how to know when/how often you should have them sharped.
How Skate Profiling Affects Performance
A sure-fire way to improve your skills & the importance of proper sharpening.